Sunday, January 18, 2009

The best things...



For Christmas Keaton had a grand idea. He said, "You know how they say that the best things in life are free? Well, I'm gonna give you one of those kinds of gifts for Christmas." And he was pretty tickled with himself because he inherited the "frugal" gene from me and he was pretty excited about all the money he was gonna save. I was pretty excited because I think Keaton knows me pretty well and what I really needed was this:




YES! YES! YES!


My day was wonderful. I watched some shows that I had been trying to get around to watching for awhile. I took a nap. I read a WHOLE book. And when Jantzen came whining to me about this or that I said, "Go tell your mom." Keaton was wonderful. He took care of all sibling arguments, helped Chris with dinner and read stories at bedtime. It was like Mother's Day in January. Thank you Keaton! You're awesome!


In case you're wondering what the fine print at the bottom says, here it is:


This coupon is not valid in Washington, California and Maine. This offer excludes massages, being ordered around and the authority to eat downstairs.


Keaton-you're not just awesome, you're funny too.


2 comments:

The Lighthearts said...

What a wonderful gift. I hope my son grows up to be as thoughtful as Keaton. You are one lucky(and refreshed)lady!

Melissa said...

I love it! What a great gift... I wonder if I could get something like that around here? :)