Tuesday, March 30, 2010

**This just in...Dana's foster daughters aren't supposed to have their pictures up in public places, so sadly I had to take them down from this post.  But trust me when I tell you that they are sooo cute and I took some really great pictures of them.  If/when the adoption happens I will gladly post hundreds of pictures of those cuties.**
So MAYBE this post is slow in coming. And MAYBE it happened like a month and a half ago. And MAYBE I'm a total slacker. But MAYBE we just had too much excitement in our lives in February and I didn't want to overload you with it all at once. I'm spoon feeding you to prevent convulsions of happiness.
You're welcome. (This is Jantzen and Alexis, who I will tell you about in a minute. Just hold your horses.)
So someone (and I won't mention any names) that we call mom/grandma turned the ripe old age of 60! Oh, heck. That's not ripe. That's down right rotten!
I'm totally cracking myself up here.
Anyways, (almost) all of us kids/grand kids met in Portland to go to a Globetrotters game together to celebrate the occasion.
I've always wanted to go to a Globetrotters game and I was pretty excited about it. But when we got there we discovered that the real show was watching the kids playing together and sharing treats with each other. They all got along so well and were just so stinking sweet!
 Clearly, Grandma was in heaven with one toddler on each leg. If only she had one more leg, she could fit them all on her lap at once. My kids have been around for 14, 10 and 6 years now. Then grandma had a little dry spell and didn't get any more grand kids for awhile. But (almost) two years ago, Jena and Nick contributed Jace to grandma's happy land. That was nice, because it took a little pressure off of me. (Thanks guys!) Then last summer Dana was given two sweet foster daughters, Aubrie (on grandma's lap)and Alexis (pictured at top). Now grandma's land is super happy and all the pressure is off of me. I'm loving it. We're crossing our fingers SUPER hard that these girls will be able to stay in our family forever. They are so darling! Dana is an awesome mommy and such a natural at it. Plus, she bought a minivan and I'm pretty sure all sales are final. tee hee
Chris is no dummy. He knows that the way to a toddler's heart is through food. He showed up with a couple of bags of popcorn and all was right with the toddler world.


 Do you think they like each other? Yeah, me neither.





1 comment:

shara said...

yeah for post and your photography is awesome. no fuzzies, no blurs and excellent lighting. and well the subject matter is pretty good too.