Monday, September 13, 2010

Top Ten

Jodi's top ten reasons for not updating the blog

10.  We went to Seattle to celebrate Chris' 40th birthday.  It was awesome.  We watched the Mariners lose, ate lots of baseball stadium food, ate lots of yummy Seattle food, did some shopping and even rode on public transportation!  That's right folks.  You heard it here first.  Our kids have now experienced public transportation twice in their lives. 

9.  We bought a trailer.  No more roughing it for us.  We are officially old.  And we're pansies.  The first thing we did was put memory foam on the bed in the aforementioned trailer.  Pathetic.

8.  We went to Canada for two weeks, pulling the trailer and getting a whopping 9 mpg!  Our carbon footprint is so big that it could be referred to as a sink hole.  I think there's a bunch of Chilean miners trapped in it. 

7.  After being gone for two weeks, it took us a month to catch up on everything around here.  It's taken us more than a month to straighten out our Verizon bill after roaming internationally for two weeks.  Gotta love 'em.

6.  Keaton started high school.  Wait.  What?  Actually, it's going really well for him and we've been excited for the opportunities that it brings.  He auditioned for the school play today, and is working on getting on the debate team.  I've experienced his arguing skills first hand and I can assure you that they are top notch.  I'm anticipating him leading his school to the national championships.

5.  Carson started fifth grade and football season is in full swing.  Two hour practices, five days a week.  He loves it, even though he is just about the smallest kid on his team.  He doesn't shy away from trying to tackle the bigger kids.  He still runs at them full speed, wraps his arms around them, falls down and hangs on to their ankles as they continue to run.  The kid's got heart.

4.  Jantzen started first grade (can I get an AMEN?).  She is almost seven, so she's older than most of her classmates.  She likes to stay busy and she is very social so first grade has been a long time coming.  She also started gymnastics classes today.  It's really hard to sit back and watch without jumping in and correcting the teacher on her technique, but I guess I'll have to get over it.  Jantzen loves it.

3.  Chris has lost 40 pounds, and is looking better than the day I married him.  He works a ton, which is a bummer, but I really appreciate the fact that he takes his role as provider so seriously.  I am one lucky girl.

2.  I started school too.  I'm studying massage therapy three nights a week in Tri-Cities, so my commute is about 45 minutes.  None of us are used to me being gone so much and it's been crazy hectic around here, but I'm loving it and hopefully soon I'll be able to pull in some more income so that Chris can work less.

And the number one reason for not updating the blog is........

1.  I didn't want to. 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Laughing and laughing and laughing! You're a funny gal :)
I visited with Cyndi Fielding today for awhile... made me miss the Hermiston crowd a lot!!

shara said...

but i so miss your wit and humor my favorite friend! but.... your top ten reasons gave me a giggle or two! so happy for you and your amazing family and all that you were able to do and see this summer. thankful that you are my friend and even though we don't get together too often, when we do i love it. have a great one!