Friday, August 15, 2008

Catch up. Or is it ketchup? Whatever. Let's call it an update, OK?

On my last post I mentioned that our life might be a tornado, and judging by how far behind I am in my blogging I'd say that's true. But things are starting to calm down a bit and so now I'll try to get updated before any kids wake up screaming for breakfast. Soooo, where did we leave off? Oh yeah, RAFTING!!! As always this is one of our favorite weeks of the year. We met up with the Brodericks, Royers, Savages and Petersons for some rip roarin' good times. We have the women's favorite tradition of breakfast cooked by the men. No cereal and pop tarts here. We're talking hash browns, gravy, eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage and fresh fruit every morning. We wouldn't want to get hungry on the river, right?


After we have clogged all arteries and packed on some pounds it's time to get serious about some fun. It's a little crazy figuring out who's going and who's staying in camp and who's driving and who's picking everyone up at the pull out and who's cleaning up breakfast and who's watching the little kids and who's gonna put on the pink tank top and act like a girl. Wait. What? Oh, Jake's got that last one covered. Thanks Jake! That was funny. We can always count on you for some laughs. And some dancing to Hannah Montana/High School Musical/Camp Rock music.
Getting ready to start our journey down the river.


Poor Jantzie, she looks like an orphan with all that messy hair. But actually it doesn't seem like she really cares.

This is our crowd taking off. We actually had 2 rafts and 3 kayaks, but I guess I missed the others when I took the picture. See? Nice and calm, nothing to worry about. Just a walk in the park.

Now check this out! We're heading down Oak Springs, the biggest rapid, and we're gonna hit it just right, meaning that we're all gonna have to change our underpants after this. HEHE!

Hold on! Are we gonna tip over?





No way! But the boat filled with water and we all screamed for our mommies.



We took some "redneck showers", too. First you jump in...


Then you soap up and jump in again!



There's this great little cliff right by our camp that provided entertainment while we weren't on the rafts. We all jumped in except for Jantzen. She thought hard about it. She had her life jacket on and was standing on the edge looking down, but in the end she couldn't bring herself to do it. The fact that she even thought about it makes me proud. I don't want her to be too prissy, you know? Anyways, we had so much fun and can't wait to do it again. Good thing we only have to wait until Thursday. We're totally addicted, and yes, we're going again.

And now onto other things...

Keaton went to Boy Scout Camp and earned 5 merit badges!


I didn't know this, but apparently they have one in bodybuilding now. Keaton and cousin Blake both got that one.

Also...


Our exchange student from Germany arrived.


As you can see, Jantzen was very excited. Everything is going great with him. He is a very nice boy and he tolerates our craziness quite well. I mean, he hasn't gone running for the nearest airport yet, anyways. It's been hot here, about 95-100 degrees. He says it feels like Spain. I guess I'll just have to trust him on that one.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Spain, eh? Looks like a nice kid! I'm glad he's taking the craziness in stride :)
The white water rafting looks like so much fun! When I was in high school a friend had a raft and we would go up to Jackson Hole and raft out of there. So much fun! I miss it!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Man your life is pretty exciting, compared to my life that is! :) Did jantzie go down the rapids too? Brave kids you got for sure...I love the washing the hair pics...Awesome! So you finally got your exchange student...How long is he here for? Well I am glad to know what's goin on in your life and I am trying to get Jena to start a blog too so you can see how fast Baby Jace is growing. He is already standing up by the coffee table and bouncing. Definitely advanced!!! Hey I am taking 2 weeks off of work before school starts...Maybe I can come visit??

Heather said...

So did you guys go rafting for a second trip? Did you have fun? How's things going with the exchange sutdent?