Monday, August 4, 2008

Our life is a tornado

It's been a while since I've posted. We've been crazy busy, and it doesn't look like it'll be changing for at least another week. It all started last Tuesday. We were just about to head out the door for our annual camping/rafting trip on the Deschutes, when we got a phone call from PAX, the company that is working with our exchange student. It seems that the authorities in Sierra Leone don't want to let their students come to our country, so they denied all of their visas. Things are not looking good right now for Alimamy's trip to the United States. But PAX wanted to know if we would be willing to take a different student on a temporary basis in the meantime. Hmmm. This is all just a little bit too much to digest at once. So we darted off on our trip with the promise of "We'll think about it." (We had a great time, by the way. I'll post pictures and details later this week.)
We arrived home on Saturday afternoon, unpacked, did a million loads of laundry, took some serious showers then began packing bags for Keaton and Chris to go to boy scout camp the following day. We also made the phone call saying that we would host the other student. Today was the set-up day at the county fair where I have a booth for my Scentsy business. Carson and Jantzen went to Krista's (see previous paragraph where I mention that Keaton, my prime babysitter, has gone to scout camp) and I spent a good portion of the day at the fairgrounds. Then we went grocery shopping because I was feeling like Old Mother Hubbard. I received an email stating that Daniel, our 15 year old German student would be here Friday. FRIDAY! So I begin cleaning the house that has been sorely neglected for the last ten days. I'm about half way done. I'm supposed to run 5 miles today. It's not gonna happen.
Tomorrow looks worse. Would someone please put their feet up and relax for me? Let me know how it feels.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's too bad about the first exchange student! Do you know anything about the one that will be there on Friday?
Sounds like you guys have been super busy! At least it's MOSTLY fun stuff, right? Well, except for the house cleaning...