Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another Christmas Tree Post

So I was thinking about posting pictures of our Christmas Tree Decorating evening and I thought, "Every blogger in the world is probably doing a post like this." Why? Is it because we only do it once a year? Well, we clean the gutters once a year and you don't see any posts detailing THAT activity, do you? I clean my blinds once a year and you haven't heard about that! How about winterizing the boat? Nope. Well, I guess Christmas is sorta special, and Christmas trees are pretty to look at.

Except mine.




Some parents feel guilty because they don't let their kids help decorate the tree. Or if they do, they end up rearranging the ornaments after the kids go to bed.





Let's just say that I don't have that guilt.







I really don't care about it. What is WRONG with me? We went to a parking lot where Boy Scouts were selling trees. Let's just say that they weren't the prettiest trees I've ever seen. And the shortest one was about 20 feet tall. So we chopped one in half, took the top and away we went with our Charlie Brown tree.


When people come over it seems as though they are trying not to look directly at it, kinda like you do with the sun. We have a very eclectic collection of ornaments from kindergarten projects, cub scout projects and the like. (Notice the one-eyed snowman?) But I don't care anymore.



Does this mean I am older and wiser now?

Or just lazy?


Wait. Don't answer that.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Our tree is a jumble of different things too... I like it that way. But, I am a rearranger. I don't like holes in the tree... perhaps it means I'm a control freak?

Unknown said...

In answer to the wiser or lazier question. How do I put this nicely? Um, um, never mind. Love the tree.

Ryan