Friday, December 19, 2008



Even the snowmen are cold! Lately we have had some crazy weather! For the first time in my life (that I can remember), we will be having a white Christmas. In the past week we have had about a foot or more of snow, and school was cancelled three days this week. Crazy!
I took this picture last Sunday, when we had about 4 inches of snow. That was monumental for us, so I forced the kids to brave the cold for a snapshot.


Little did I know that there was so much more to come. Since then we have had temperatures down below zero and tons more snow.



t


This is the view from our front porch a few days ago. I wasn't willing to go too far from the warmth of the fireplace.


But today we built a big ramp in the front yard.


We had visions of riding it all the way down the front yard, but it wasn't as successful as we'd hoped.

On Sunday we also went to Daniel's Christmas concert in Echo. I thoroughly enjoyed the music, and it was extra fun because the "Weather outside was frightful." That makes all things Christmas just that much more fun.

They played the music from the Nutcracker, which Jantzen loved. She had heard the songs on an educational website that she plays on called starfall.com. She didn't realize that the music was from a ballet.

So now Christmas is in full swing. We finished our shopping yesterday, the kids are out of school and all that's left to do is to start eating until we gain the mandatory 10 pounds. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your snowmen look great! I still remember painting those darn things! I can't find my set... I have the hats, but I'm afraid they got lost in the move :(
I miss the snow... okay, I'm over it! I'm not a snow fan. Well, that's not true. I'm not a cold weather fan. If it could snow and still be 60 degrees outside, then I would love snow all year round :)