Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cross your fingers!

Someone is coming over tomorrow to look at the pup! Oh, please please please let them take him home.
Over the last week, I've started to become a little bit...how do I say this... attached to the little bugger and I am now finding it very difficult to drop him off at the animal shelter. But if I know he's going to a good home, I will gladly say goodbye to him.
I have been thinking long and hard about what I can do to make sure this dog finds a home tomorrow and I've come up with a plan. But I'll need help from all of you.
Are you with me?
I can't HEAR you!
I said ARE YOU WITH ME???
I thought so.
We need to do something to make the Dog Adoption Gods smile down on us. We need to show that we're serious. It may feel a little funny, but just know that you're not the only person doing this tonight. There is strength in numbers. We can do this!
Everyone please join me in a good luck bark, scratch, and rock eating ritual tonight. We will all need to act like dogs and howl at the moon. Our yards will become our bathrooms. We will chase laser lights and tennis balls. A little bit of yelping in our sleep can't hurt. And let's throw in a little bit of drinking from the toilet just for good measure.
Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, I'd love to help, but in our lease we said we'd never pee in the yard. Sorry..
Good luck with the puppy!

The Lighthearts said...

Ha! I just love reading your posts. You always make me laugh.

Hope you find a good home for him and good luck with your kitchen re-model. Can't wait to read the humorous posts that I'm sure will come on that subject. :)