Saturday, February 28, 2009

Welcome to my world...

And would someone PLEASE save me?



In the interest of full discloure I am showing some pictures that I would never show because my kitchen is THAT UGLY. But you have to be able to compare the before and after pictures to appreciate the results.
This is our future fireplace. Gorgeous, huh? For some reason I'm having trouble visualizing what it's gonna look like when it's done. Can't figure out why. At this point I just want it hooked up so I can WARM MY TOES on it! I don't care what it looks like anymore. This industrial look is starting to grow on me.
But nevermind the fireplace. Because we're going to have to abandon that project for now in favor of a different one.

Say goodbye to the kitchen. Our new cabinets will be in on March 16 so it's time to start demolition. If anyone wants cabinets for their garage let me know. I'll be placing an ad on Craigs List soon. And yes, that IS a tent in my living room. It's just how we roll these days. I'll be sleeping in it for 40 years to increase my spirituality.


See how the lovely ceiling drops DOWN in the kitchen? It's further evidence that this house was definitely built in the 1980's. But we're taking the ceiling out. Can't wait to be able to see the attic right from my kitchen! And to hang sheet rock, tape, mud, sand, mud, sand, mud, sand and then texture. It's gonna be a blast.

See these red shelves? This is my catch-all area of the house. (Yes, two people DO need to own 5 pairs of sunglasses!) But I think I've come up with a solution to make everything more organized and pretty looking. So stay tuned. When this project is done in the year 2027 I will show you what we did. And if I still have my sanity we shall rejoice together.

2 comments:

The Lighthearts said...

If I could send you hot meals in an email, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have a feeling you're gonna need them. :)

Melissa said...

Just think of how FABULOUS it will look when you're done! And it will look awesome... you are a decorating diva :)