Friday, March 6, 2009

Welcome to my world, Part 9,765,251

Progress IS being made. I repeat. Progress IS being made!
Despite a couple of minor setbacks, (like electricity running through Chris body a few times), we are making pretty good time on our little project. Check it out:

We have almost finished putting up the sheet rock. All of the old cabinets are out except for the island. I am clinging to the island for dear life because it is a great place to put all our tools while we're working. Well at least that's what I'm telling Chris. Really it's because it holds my ONLY accessible dishes. Without them we would be eating cereal out of a toolbox. I would be slicing apples with a utility knife and and then serving them up on a piece of sandpaper.

Oh yeah, and just when I thought there was nothing more I could possibly lose, Chris found one more thing to take apart...the railing above the stairs.
Nobody has fallen yet, but I know it will probably happen eventually. And I have a feeling it's gonna be me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's going to look so great! I'm impressed at all of the home improvement projects you guys undertake!

The Lighthearts said...

I'm exhausted just looking at the photos, so I can only imagine how you actually feel. :) All your blood(hopefully not), sweat, and tears, will make your brand new kitchen all the more special.

Keep up the great work...and posting the photos. :)