Thursday, April 2, 2009

Beware...Lots of pictures

Well, we're back safe and sound from our trip to Utah. I'll give a quick update of what's been going on. It's all out of order and disorganized, but I'm really short on time because I have a Scentsy booth at the home and garden show in Pendleton this weekend and I need to go to bed! Plus, I rented Twilight...

Well, usually the highlight of our trip is the skiing, and this day was no exception. I was sick the whole week and didn't ski at all, but the boys had a ski day with Grandpa Tom and Uncle Spencer on Monday. The six person chair lift is so cool because they were all able to ride it together. You can't understand the coolness of that until you've skied with family. It's just so much fun to sit on the lift together and relive the run you just took. Maybe even laugh at your Uncle Spencer for skiing into a tree! Then top it off with a five dollar hot cocoa and some ten dollar fries and the day is complete.

I love these pictures because it shows the craziness of the family I married into. This is at Robbie's indoor soccer game that we went to after celebrating Grandpa Tom and Grandma Fay's 40th anniversary.


It's pretty much impossible to get a normal picture with these guys!


Next up we have Keaton's 13th birthday. Yes, you heard it right folks. Keaton is 13! An official teenager. We're so glad he doesn't act like a typical teenager. He's such a good kid, I mean guy, and we're lucky to have him in our family. For his birthday he wanted nothing more than to go play paintball, so that's what we did. Here he is joining us in singing Happy Birthday to himself.


We also went to a Utah Jazz game against the Houston Rockets. What a blast! It was our first NBA game.
This was our kids' first experience on public transportation so I had to be a dorky tourist and take a picture. What can I say? We're hicks!

Fay, Jennifer, McKenzie and I went to the Young Women General Broadcast on Saturday night at the LDS Conference Center. Wow! That place is huge and beautiful! The meeting was great and I really enjoyed the talks. This was my first time seeing the prophet in person, and it was such a neat experience. I'm so glad I went.
Then to top it off we came home to.....

Countertops!
Yip yippee yippito! Now I can start to put things back together. It has been so nice to be able to unpack some boxes and now when I need a fork, I find it in a kitchen drawer, not in a box in the living room. Words cannot describe how much better I feel about life now. Those who know me know that I do NOT like disorganization and chaos!
Nevermind the fact that I don't have an oven, a dishwasher or running water in the kitchen yet. Because what I DO have is a stove and a microwave convection oven. And although I don't really LOVE doing the dishes in the laundry room sink, we're making progress toward normalcy and I'm loving it!

Then today was Keaton's first tennis match. (Note to self: learn how the scoring works before the next match. I had no idea what was going on. Duh!)
It was so windy and cold that I had a really hard time paying attention (So did Jantzen!). And I couldn't manage to pull my cold butt off the bleachers to take a better picture than this one, so you'll have to believe me when I tell you that that IS Keaton in the black pants and camo jacket. I actually kinda like this picture because there's so much going on in it. Keaton playing tennis, Carson rooting for his big brother, Jantzen being Jantzen, her hair telling the story of the windy day and the dark clouds in the background. I know it won't win any photography awards or anything, but I still think it's kinda cool.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

I started watching Twilight tonight and then company showed up... I'll finish it tomorrow. I'm afraid that it's made me laugh... a lot. And the parts I'm laughing at are really not meant to be funny :)
It looks like you guys had a great time in Utah! I'm sorry you were sick though :S
Love the countertops! I'm so jealous! We have white tile with white grout... really... can there be anything worse?? The grout didn't have any kind of seal on it... so it's stained and just gross. And the white shows EVERYTHING.