Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Carson and Jantzen had their first track meet of the year last week.Apparently, there was some "down time" in which Jantzen could practice warming her ears with her legs.
Check out her smile! You can even see it through the blurry picture.This is Carson running the 1500. He loves this event, but I'm not sure why. I can't figure out if he loves the winning part or the actual running part. As Carson would put it, he "owned" this race. The next kid was almost a minute behind him and he beat his personal best to finish in 6:25. I love this picture because it shows his friend, Parker cheering him on. His friends would run around the inside of the track and try to run along side so they could help encourage him. Carson is so lucky to have a good group of friends at church and at school. On Sunday he and Nick kept laying their heads in each other's laps and then stroking each others hair. Weird, I know but I think they just did it so I would laugh while I was trying to lead the music. It worked.
Anyways...

Keaton wasn't too excited about going to his little brother and sister's track meet but I reminded him of how they came to his tennis match to support him and that he should return the favor. To that he replied, "Tell them they don't need to come to any more of my tennis matches." Very funny, Keaton.

And because I know you haven't heard enough ramblings about our kitchen...



What do you know? It's still not done! A million dollars goes to the person who can guess what's missing.


But seriously, folks I can't complain about not having a dishwasher or a complete backsplash. Mostly because I'm the one doing the tile on the backsplash so complaining to myself gets me nowhere. I'm afraid there might be retaliation if I file a complaint, anyways. Plus, after living for a month with nothing but a microwave, this is small beans! Washing dishes by hand is a pain, but I've definitely lived through worse!

I'm really happy with the way things are turning out. Chris and I were talking tonight about all the yard work that needs to be done, and how we can't afford to do it now because of all the money we spent on the kitchen. But we decided it's okay. We'll just camp out in our kitchen all summer and try not to look at the yard.

2 comments:

Aunt Kyla said...

Oh my gosh!!! Mom and I are laughing our heads off!!!!!! Janzten's smile is what makes these pictures sooo funny and cute! I think the college scouts should come out to the next track meet and check out Carson. Maybe they will plan for the year 2017! And that sounds like Keaton! He has way better things to do then sit in the cold and watch kids run. Way not cool enough for Keaton!

Anonymous said...

The first picture is soooo Jantzie. Carsons picture is so Carson and Keatons picture is so Keaton. It really captures them and warms my heart so. It makes me miss them even more. Hopefully we can come out and see you and watch them in some of their activities.
The kitchen is fabuloso. I think I would be afraid to mess it up, but maybe not if I hadn't has one for awhile. Love to you all, Grandma Fay