Monday, December 7, 2009

Hellooooooooooooooo everybody! I'm baaaaaack.
Finally!
Ummmm, yeah. I just realized that it's been over a month since I last blogged.
And it's been almost two months since this happened. So here's the report on my half marathon. Heather and I went to Vancouver the day before the race and took some classes to learn about chi running and about stretching and strengthening exercises for runners. That was very informative and fun. It was raining really hard that day and we, being desert dwellers, were kind of freaking out about running in that type of weather. But the next day was dry and a perfect temperature for running.
The race didn't go so well for us, neither of us were feeling too stellar, but we muddled through it and we survived. I have no plans of running another half marathon, but would love to do some shorter races. We applied to run in the Hood to Coast, but that race is so popular, that it's very hard to get in. We didn't. We have hopes of running it in 2011, though. We'll see what happens.

In November Chris got to go on a "guys trip" to Playa del Carmen, Mexico with his dad, brothers (Spencer and Robbie) and his brother-in-law (Brian). They had a lot of fun hanging out without any women telling them what to do. Chris tells me that he would have preferred to stay home and rake leaves with me, but I'm pretty sure that's just my consolation prize to make me feel better about not getting to go.
Actually, I'm positive about that.

You can't look at this picture and believe that he'd rather rake leaves!

Dear Chris,
If you're going to lie to me, please try to make it believable. Maybe tell me that you rode to the moon with Elvis or something. That's something I can believe!
Love,
Jodi
P.S. I'm sorry that your baby brothers can grow more facial hair than you.
P.P.S. Please tell me that you don't wear a speedo like they do.

1 comment:

shara said...

omg- so happy to see a new post on your blog!!!! see, good thing jantzen was under the weather, you got to post! ha once again you have made me laugh! miss seeing ya! we need to get together and do lunch one day and let the girlies play!