Monday, December 7, 2009

Trips to Santa's lap

That's right, folks. Twice in one day.
Uh huh.
Noddin' my head like, "YEAH."
Movin' my hips like, "YEAH."
.
.
.
.
Oh wait, where was I?
I think I got carried away with my celebration.
I'm such an awesome blogger.
.
.
.
Now don't be surprised if it's another TWO months before I post again.
But.....
I almost forgot to mention our ward Christmas party that was last Friday night.
First on the agenda was the FOOD!
We have two bona fide CHEFS in our ward (mother and daughter) so any ward function is
a)guaranteed to have good food
b) guaranteed to draw a crowd because of the food
c)guaranteed to TOTALLY ROCK because I love food!
Second on the agenda was the visit from Santa. It's traditional for Santa to come at the end of the evening, sit on the stage and listen to all the kids' wishes for Christmas. He then gives them a bag of goodies and sends them on their way.
Apparently, Keaton doesn't feel like he's too old for this tradition because he gladly stood in line to sit on Santa's lap.
But when he sat on Santa's lap, he did the most believable imitation of a toddler who's scared of Santa and is trying not to cry. I was laughing my head off, but Santa totally bought in to it and was really worried!
So funny.
It kinda reminds me of the time about three years ago when he laid down on the floor and did "the worm" over to Santa.
Thanks, Keaton. You were the highlight of my evening. You were even better than the food.

4 comments:

shara said...

i actually started singing the song with you and thought of keaton. he is such a funny funny boy. the only thing better than two post in two days would have been had you had a camera in hand to capture the moment. i know where he gets his humor from.... :)! anyway, have a good one and stay warm...

Jodi said...

Shara- someone snapped a pic. I need to get it from them.

Rhoda Galgiani said...

I find your blog of interest and you have a lovely family. Please visit my blog: 'Expressions Poetry Journal' at: chesakat1.blogspot.com This is a family oriented web site of poetry and pictures of Kitties and Puppies. Have you heard of poetrysoup.com? You might want to check it out...family oriented also. Thank you, Rhoda Galgiani, Poet

kyla said...

Dude.... Mom says you should update your blog! :)