Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grab a tissue

I have had this picture sitting in my email for a year now. It was taken by a friend, then sent to me. I didn't know she had taken it. Every once in a while I'll revisit it. I'm not sure why it intrigues me so. It kind of haunts me.

We were at a track meet and I can't remember why, but I had put her in time out. I'm sure it was something terrible. For some reason, I feel like such a mean mom when I look at this picture. Is it because it was cold and windy and her hair is flying all over the place? But then I think, "No, she deserved a time out whether it was cold and windy or not."

But OH, how this tears at the heart strings!

I have another picture sitting in my email that haunts me, too. It's a picture of Chris and me at the mud baths in Costa Rica. But I think the reason that one haunts me is because I was in my bathing suit.

Yeah, that's definitely it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have pictures of Emma crying like that... sometimes it tugs at my heart strings, but other times it just makes me laugh :)