Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slave Driver

I'm not one to toot my own horn, but...

Wait. Yes I am. TOOT! TOOT!

Today the kids and I totally rocked. We've gotten a little behind lately on the yard work and general upkeep of the house because we've been spending so much time on the kitchen.





Which, by the way, has a tile back splash now, thanks to me! Just ignore that missing tile back in the corner. It's just a minor detail. I'm willing to look past it and I think you should be too. Thank you.

Now I promise not to torture you with any more pictures of the kitchen.

Well anyhoo, all that behind stuff is a thing of the past because check out all that we accomplished today:

Mowed, edged and weed eated (or is it weed ate?) (or weed eatered?) the lawn
Bathed the poor, stinky dog
Washed the Yukon
Went to Home Depot to replace the weed eater
Finished planting the garden
Folded a bunch of laundry
Worked on stripping and sanding the railing to the stairs
Went back to Home Depot because the stripper wouldn't spray. That sounds bad.
Pulled weeds
Sprayed weeds
Swept up a TON of helicopters from our maple tree
Finished grouting the tile
Finished drying out the flood in the basement (don't ask)
Okay, I'll tell you...The stupid flipping flapping ding dang walla walla bing bang water softener overflowed the other day! (I feel better now.)
Cooked a REAL dinner
Vacuumed
Daniel took a ride on a plane:



AAAAAAND we found this:
Can you tell what it is? If you guessed alien from Mars, you're right! No seriously, folks. It's a partially developed bird in an egg. How cool is that? The kids will take turns taking it to school, then Keaton has placed "Dibs" on dissecting it. He also wants to dissect our old weed eater and Chris' cell phone that went through the wash. What a scientist!

Oh, yeah. There's one more thing I did today.

I updated our blog.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Whew. I'm exhausted just reading about all you've done.

I am more than just a little jealous of your kitchen. It is AWESOME!!! I'm always amazed at the do-it-yourself projects you undertake!

Anonymous said...

You guys a hard working bunch, but I already knew that. It makes me tired just reading all that you accomplished in one day. You've inspired me to make a list and get some things done around here. By the way I had a great time with you all last weekend at the track meet in Pendleton. Give the kids a big squeeze from me. Love to you all, Grandma Fay