Monday, May 4, 2009

The "Too Much" Chronicles

I don't know why, but I have this urge to talk about the things we have too much of. I guess I find it kind of amusing how we seem to accumulate way too much of certain things, but can never have enough of other things.

Chapstick. Hello? Ten. Ten different chapsticks in the house for a family of five. I'm sure Daniel has some too but I wasn't going to go picking through his room just so I could count them. And the boys each keep one at school. So really it's twelve, that I could find. I'm sure there are a couple behind the dryer.

Oh, wouldn't my dentist be proud of me now. Actually, no. Because most of these are from him. (Hi Greg. I do floss. Really, I do!)

And now for a couple of things we can never have enough of...Can you say C E R E A L ?

What's the deal with cereal, anyways. It's so expensive and it leaves me feeling hungry an hour later. So why do I buy it? Because I'm a lazy, terrible mom, that's why. I've already made a rule that it can only be eaten for breakfast. If I didn't do that, we would go through two boxes a day. I'm thinking about only allowing it on school days, too. On the weekends I usually cook breakfast, but the kids choose cereal over my home cooking! Maybe they're trying to tell me something.

On to our next item...graham crackers. Seriously, folks. Dipped in milk, yum! I have loved this treat since I was a kid. And don't get me started on graham crackers with cream cheese frosting. I can feel my rear end getting bigger just thinking about it.

So there you have it. That's what's on my mind tonight. Don't know why. More to come when I get a chance. I know you can't wait.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Holy dental floss Batman! That's quite the collection. You should start a museum :)
We have too much of just about everything... except chocolate. You can never have too much chocolate.
Hmm... I wrote about food in my last comment to you too... maybe I should go eat something?