Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Better Than Wheaties

Ladies and gentlemen!

Please allow me to introduce Mrs. Thurman's 4th grade Breakfast of Champions recipient...


Carson Wrathall!Carson was honored to be chosen again (he also won in 1st grade) this year. To be honest, I really don't know why they call it the "Breakfast of Champions" because there is no breakfast to be had. It's probably another victim of budget cuts, because there used to be food, once upon a time. But it is a big honor regardless of the missing food!

There was an assembly at school and each student had their moment of fame, where the principal read a statement from their teacher telling why they were chosen. Carson's teacher wrote that he is nice to everyone, looks out for others, gets along with everybody and has a real enthusiasm for learning.

WOW!

And here's a funny little thing about that day that I would like to add, just for future embarrassment. Carson LOVES the Oregon Ducks and found it very important to have his Ducks jersey on for the assembly. The night before, he pulled it out of his dirty clothes hamper and asked me if I could have it clean by morning. I told him that I couldn't get it done in time and that maybe he could choose a different Duck shirt. I didn't notice it until I got to school for the assembly, but he pulled the precious jersey out of the laundry and wore it dirty!
Way to go, Carson! We're proud of you, even if you do wear dirty shirts to school!


2 comments:

shara said...

hey, a boy's gotta do what a boy's gotta do {even if it is a yucky DUCK shirt}! so proud for you and your champion~ i guess that honor means we just have messed up our kids THAT bad, yet! ha way to go carson! you rock~

Anonymous said...

Aaaand, I am the proud gramma, who of course learned all the cool stuff from me, (not the dirty shirt stuff!) Keep up the good work....You are awesome Carson! love you lots and lots, gramma shanna