Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Teeth and Tumbling

It's always bittersweet when my kids start losing their teeth. It's exciting to watch them grow and learn and experience new things, but it's sad to say goodbye to those baby teeth that fit so well into their mouths. The gigantic looking adult teeth are always kinda funny looking for the first few years.

How 'bout that hillbilly smile?


Jantzen had a really hard time saying goodbye to this tooth, because she was too scared to pull it. It hung there for dear life until I finally put my foot down and forced her to let me pull it. She could hardly talk, let alone eat. And let's face it. This girl can't afford to miss too many meals.
See the food on her face? I made her lick it off.
Every calorie counts, right?
Guess what else?!?
Mmm hmmm, that's right.
The girl is in tumbling classes!
Oh yeah, gonna carry on the legacy of her mother.
She loves it.
And would I be bragging if I said that she's the one the other moms always use as an example?
OK then, I'm bragging.
It's pretty awesome to hear the other moms saying to their kids, "Do it like Jantzen does."
Yes, I'm pretty proud...To say the least.
Thanks to some Wrathall genes, I think she may grow up to be small enough, too!
(Heaven knows I didn't bring any petite genes to the table!)
Notice her ribs in the picture? I told you she couldn't afford to miss any meals, and I wasn't kidding!

2 comments:

shara said...

i am laughing out loud to myself and your ever present humor! gravies you totally crack me up! okay, so i could do without the tooth hanging out on the first post. if there is one thing i dislike more than chickens it's loose teeth {ewwww}. awesomeness on being the next mary lou reaton {so laughing about getting some of the wrathall genes}, still laughing out loud! oh how i miss your post when you are a bad blogger and don't update your fablously funny and informational blog! don't do it again or else.... {heart} ya my friend!

Anonymous said...

Jantzen, you look a little like Nanny McPhee! I enjoyed looking at your ski pictures and tumbling tricks....you've definitely got the physique for it! Keep on having fun...love, gramma shanna