Thursday, October 16, 2008

Plea, leap, pirouette and run

Tonight the Eugene Ballet Company is coming to OUR little town to perform Swan Lake! Amazingly, none of the boys were interested in going so it's just Jantzen and me. A girls night out! We rarely get any sort of arts or culture here so I have to jump on these opportunities when they come. The last time we experienced anything like this was when we went to the harp concert in Utah last March. Yes, it's been that long. Well, unless you count the boys playing guitar hero on the Wii.
I've only got three more days until my big half-marathon and I'm SO NERVOUS!! I'm excited for it to finally be here so that I can quit worrying about it. I missed my 10 mile run last weekend because of some back problems so I'm feeling a little under prepared. But I just have to remind myself that it's not the end of the world if I don't do well. Like what's gonna happen? Will I not make it to the Olympics or something? Please, I know the IOC will be busting down my door come 2012, begging me to compete. And I'll just turn my nose up at them and tell them that the Olympics are so BELOW me. I need some real competition here.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Have a great time at the ballet! Are ya gonna get all dressed up fancy? :) We have a lot of cultural events here... if you've got the $50-100 a ticket to attend :S
You'll do great in your race! You've done the prep work and that's the most important part!