Sunday, October 5, 2008

Trains, football and apples

Well, another week has gone by in the Wrathall household. First up, we have a girls trip to Hinkle Yard to see the train station. The boys weren't interested in this, even when I mentioned free hot dogs and soda. Go figure. So Jantzen and I went with our friends to go check the place out. I found it so fascinating and was a little embarrassed at how many pictures I took.

This is Jantzen and her friends standing next to a battery that they use in the locomotives. HUGE, huh? Notice the supermodel in front. Too funny.


We got to go inside and see where the driver sits. Jantzen accidentally bumped some sort of alarm which gave her mom a little bit of a heart attack.

This is the girls in front of some sort of supersized locomotive that never gets used because it keeps jumping the tracks. Probably a good idea to put this one away.

Moving right along to our next item of business...We have Carson's first football game of the year. We love this football program that he plays in. He gets the same coach every year, which is also his basketball coach in the winter and his track coach in the spring. The kids love him and he does a great job with them. We also love it because it's so simple. Every Saturday at noon the teams practice for 45 minutes then immediately after that they play their game. Then we're done for the week. Well, except for the extra practice that Coach Dave holds just because the kids want to. And he is nice enough to do it next door to our house at the school. So I can cook dinner and check in on practice all at the same time. Gotta love it. We've lived in this house for 2 1/2 years and have never been on a team that practices at this school. I think I'll start demanding it. It's just too convenient.



And for our final event of the week we have apples.



Lots of them.


It was definitely a group effort.But it was a lot faster than picking blueberries.

It was nice having a TALL exchange student on hand to reach the apples.


We finished in about 20 minutes, which is good because everyone was still in a good mood.

No time for any whining to start.

We had warm applesauce with our breakfast this morning. Then for lunch we had apple pie. Yes, apple pie for lunch. I'm a terrible mom. But right now the kids are loving me. Tomorrow we'll start eating healthy again. And everyone gets an apple in their lunch.

I love the fall harvest.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Make sure you save us some of your delicious apple pie.
Ryan

Anonymous said...

Jodi, Have I told you lately that you rock. I have always loved the harvest too! I only wish that I could be there to help load your freezer with apple pies and applesauce. Are you doing apple juice this year? Keep up the great work and have I let you know how much I appreciate the great pictures you take so that I can see some of the people I love the most regularly. Give everyone a big fat hug for me. Love ya Mom Wrathall

Anonymous said...

Hey there Wrathalls (some of my very favorite people are Wrathalls ya know). I am so longing for a piece of apple pie, but then I'd have to learn to run 5K to work it off, so never mind. I can't believe that Carson kept pace with you Jodi--I wonder if you'll be able to do the 13K on your own. Good Luck! I don't remember you guys having an apple tree? Can't wait to hear about the birthday for the sweetest little FIVE YEAR OLD coming up soon. I think it was really special for Keaton to walk thru the race with Jantzen, what a great big brother! Daniel sure seems to fit in well with the fam, and even Chris has a case of the big grins while picking apples. YAHOO WRATHALLS AND BULLDOGS! Love you all, gramma shanna