Sunday, October 12, 2008

Where to start??? Well, how about where we left off last week. Apples. We have so many apples we don't know what to do with them all. We have made applesauce, apple crisp, apple pancakes, apple scampi, apple gumbo, chicken fried apples, apple alfredo, apple burgers, apple foo young, apple burritos and curried apples. Just kidding on most of those. But we did make these. The kids didn't have school on Friday so I conned them into helping me.
I'm hoping to make lots more, but we'll see if time permits.
The kids' teachers all received at least one apple this week. Their grades haven't improved like we were hoping, though. I guess we'll have to go back to old fashioned homework.
In other news, we had the Richland Invitational meet on Saturday. And by "we" I mean Daniel.
You can't tell from this picture, but it was stinkin' cold! The wind was blowing which didn't help. I thought it was really cruel of the race officials to call the runners to the starting line 20 minutes before they started the race. So the kids stripped down to their running clothes and then they had to stand there and try to stay warm.

But eventually the gun went off and the race started.

I don't know anyone in this picture. I just thought it was cool.

Oh, the excitement of the race!

I know this guy, though.

He ran a really good race and improved his time by about a minute and a half.

And this is him with some of the members of his team. Go Bulldogs! Oh, and by the way....Those bulldogs won. Both the boys and the girls. Did I mention...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Apples... that sounds so scrumptious! Send some down to me :)
Even though I'm missing the fall, the weather here hasn't been too bad. It was 77 today... and I loved it :)