Sunday, November 23, 2008

Surfing Day

Yes, you read it right. This old mama is a surfer girl. We rented a car, which included a free pet gecko on the ceiling, and drove to Tamarindo for a day of surfing. Rich and Dawn came with us, but said that they'd just watch us. They had never tried surfing and didn't think they were interested. But by the time we got there we had talked them in to giving it a try. So we all signed up for lessons, rented surfboards and headed to the beach.But before I could surf I had to try some coconut milk.Hey Chris! Take my picture with my surfboard!


Come on, Jodi! Show some spunk. Do something funny.





Ummm. Okay!



Surfing was awesome!! Dawn and I both got up on our first try, but after that I couldn't get up for awhile. Finally our surf teacher, Fau, told me to just relax. That turned out to be good advice because after that I had no problems. That was such a good workout that we were all so tired and sore by the end of the day. We were wishing we had saved our massages for surfing day. And by the way, Rich and Dawn are talking about buying their own surfboards now because it TOTALLY ROCKED!



That night we had reservations for The Italian Restaurant so we hurried home, did a 5 minute glam-up and went to dinner with salt water and sand in our ears and belly buttons. Shortly after dinner Chris started to feel really sick. We had a very long night that night and learned something...Don't drink the water!

1 comment:

The Lighthearts said...

It was so fun to see your vacation. I would definitely call that paradise...well with the exception of the water. :) Hope Chris has fully recovered. I'm sure that is one lesson you won't ever forget. Happy Thanksgiving!