Sunday, November 16, 2008

We're baaaack!


OH. MY. GOSH. Costa Rica was like so totally rockin' dude!


We had so much fun, I don't know where to start. So I made a plan and I'm gonna stick to it gosh darn it. I'll post a little bit each day for the next several days. That way you won't get too bored and I won't be sitting here all night typing out all the nitty gritty details that you don't care about. But I probably won't get to go back there for a long time so I have to record every little cotton pickin' thing so that I can relive this vacation over and over. Bear with me.

I guess I'll start with this
picture of our pet gecko. He lived in the light fixture on our balcony. See his bulging belly? He eats all the bugs that go in there. I think he's pretty smart.
And this is a howler monkey that was near the beach at our hotel. I hear they're pretty harmless, but when they start howling you'll feel like you're in Jurassic Park or something.We had a long and miserable overnight flight down there and arrived in Costa Rica at 7 am. So our first day there was spent mostly sleeping, lounging by the pool and doing this:


We were at an all-inclusive resort, so it didn't take long for us to find the food. And it was good. And Jodi was happy. And she looked like a pig. A very tired pig. But a happy tired pig. And it was good. Did I tell you that it was good?

We wandered down this path and found the beach. On the way to the beach we saw these little huts where people could get massages. We took note of those huts and promised ourselves that we would definitely need to visit that sacred place.

Our resort had four restaurants. At one they served Oriental food. It was called The Oriental. At another one they served Italian food. It was called The Italian. The third restaurant was a buffet. It was called The Buffet. Now hang in here with me. I know this is getting confusing. Maybe I should make a chart so that you can keep all of this straight. Now here's the kicker. The fourth one was called The Snack Bar, but it wasn't just snacks! It was meals! So confusing, I know. All the guests were outraged because they couldn't figure out where to get the food they wanted. A cryin' shame, I tell ya. A cryin' shame.
So back to the subject of food. (This subject may be visited several times over the course of the next few days.) That night we ate at The Oriental. We had Mexican food there. HAHAHA! Oh, I can't fool you. We had....Oriental food there! But we were too sleepy to enjoy it. I think we were in bed and asleep by 8 o'clock. Party on!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So awesome! I look forward to living vicariously through you... I doubt we'll ever get much further south than we are right now!