Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cabbage Patch Duty

Tonight we had the rare occasion of having a baby in the house. I was babysitting for my friend, Michelle and the baby was kinda fussy at first. Being a girl, of course Jantzen loves babies. Carson also loves babies and puppies and other cuddly things that you wouldn't expect from an eight year old boy. So this was a bit of a novelty for us. At first they would shake all sorts of toys in front of her when she cried. But then I thought that maybe that was why she was crying in the first place. So I shooed them away and put her in her walker by the patio door so that she could watch the dog pant and drool on the glass. Well, she still decided to cry after awhile. Carson realized that if he did the cabbage patch in front of her she would stop. It worked every time. As soon as he would stop she would start crying again. So he was put on official "Cabbage Patch Duty". It was so cute because when we were eating dinner Jantzen would feed him while he was dancing. It became a real team effort. Good thing we weren't eating something like spaghetti.
(Yes, I do see what he is wearing. I swore I'd never let my kids dress like that, but he LOVES this shirt. It's from two soccer seasons ago. He had it signed by cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents and even the dog. Then when all the ink started to fade from so many washings he traced over them again. When I put the laundry away I always put it in the bottom of his drawer but it somehow floats to the top at least twice a week. Oh well, choose your battles, right?)
Anywho, back to our original story...
After awhile Jantzen joined in on Cabbage Patch Duty

Then Keaton decided to throw in some running man just for good measure. And probably because he saw that I had the camera out and he never likes to miss an opportunity to ham it up. Yes, we're a bunch of fruit cakes. I hope the baby recovers from all our craziness. She may need counseling someday.

2 comments:

The Lighthearts said...

Jodi, I'm so glad you found us through...who knows...the maze of blogs. :)

It is great to see you and your cute family after all these years. It definitely looks like there is never a dull moment around your house. :) I can already tell I'm gonna love reading your blog. Take Care!

Melissa said...

I am unfamiliar with "the cabbage patch". It's because I'm really really lame. I'll have to see if I can find a video of it on YouTube :)