Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer is here!

The days that we all look forward to... 100 degree weather, flowers dying, high gas prices and huge electric bills from the air conditioning. Nevertheless, this is my favorite time of year. I love when I can wake up and ask myself, "What do I want to do today?" And then do it. Well, okay, I guess my life isn't THAT perfect, but sometimes I get to do that, if what I want to do includes grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning.
This morning the kids and I got up early for some good ole family exercise. They rode their bikes and I jogged to the school, then we all (except for Jantzen) took four laps around the track and headed home. It was great! I had been trying to figure out a way that we could all exercise together with our different abilities and fitness levels. My normal distance of 3-4 miles is too far for the kids to run. But if they bike along side me while I run it's too slow for them to get a good workout. So this works out good. The high school is about 1.5 miles from home, and the bike ride serves as a good warm up for them. If the kids get too tired on the run then they can just sit out a couple of laps. We can all run our own pace, which for Carson is WAY faster than the rest of us. There is also a water fountain and a bathroom there. What more could a mother want? I'm looking forward to doing this some more this summer and watching their progress as well as mine. I'm REALLY looking forward to the time when Jantzen can ride her bike all the way home without me pushing her. (It's slightly uphill).
In other news...
Carson and Jantzen started swimming lessons this week. They really like it and Jantzen especially looks forward to it each day.





Mr. Cheesy Grin, er I mean Carson almost always has a smile on his face. People are constantly commenting to me about his perma-smile. They loved to watch him in track because he would be smiling all through his events. The only time he stopped smiling was during the 1500 because in his mind that is SERIOUS business. But I think he was smiling when he sprinted to the finish. I was always asked if I had to pick lots of bugs out of his teeth.

My sister Kyla complained that there are no pictures of me on here and well, she's right. I always seem to be the one behind the camera. So Jantzen took this picture of me the other day at the pool. I know it's not the greatest, but I don't really lead a very glamorous life. And Kyla if you're reading this, I think it counts for ten pictures since I was in my swimming suit! Now don't ask again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Excercising together as a family!! That actually sounds like fun! So this whole swimsuit pic counts for 10 pics is bull!!!! Come on a nice family pic or something!! Jk I can't really talk because I would never put a pic up with me in my swim suit! Anywho...I love Carson's cheesy grins....Love it!