Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Tile Girl Has Struck Again!

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's tile girl! And she has grout stuck permanently beneath her fingernails.
A few weeks back I wrote about how I was going to replace these tiles while the kids were at Grandma's. I didn't finish it before they came home, but I got a good start. And a few days ago I actually finished the job. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears. Well, maybe not the blood. Or the tears. But I did sweat. But that probably has more to do with the 105 degree weather we've been having. Anyways, I'm VERY PROUD to say that I did this ALL. BY. MYSELF. Just in case you're wondering why Chris didn't do this, well, I wouldn't let him. I like to do projects around the house and I just wanted to know if I could do it. And now I have the pride of knowing that I did! And I learned how to use a new tool, the wet saw. And if you've never used one, here's a hint. Wear grubby clothes because it sprays yucky water at you. But enough with my meaningless chatter. On with the pictures!
You may remember my "before" picture.

And here's the finished product. TA DA!

And the best part about it is that it was all free! Well, kind of. It was all done with leftovers from our bathroom remodel project that we did last year. So yes, it does match our bathroom. But that bathroom is a long walk from our front door. And if you're a good enough friend to travel that deep into Wrathall territory then you know me well enough to know that I love a good bargain! And the fact that I recycled this stuff makes me twice as happy.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Jodi - the tiles look fantastic!! The only way it could have been a better bargain is if you'd gotten the tiles at a yard sale in the first place ;)

Anonymous said...

You truly are awesome, and you are raising awesome kids....each one is outstanding on their own merit. What a great job you did "ALL BY MYSELF". Come and visit me for a bit, I have lots of projects I could share with you! love, Mom

The Lighthearts said...

What talent! It looks like a professional did it. I'm sure you could qualify now, too. :) I love how it makes your red door stand out and invites you in. It's too bad I don't live closer. I could use a good tile-layer(is that what they're called?).