Saturday, September 27, 2008

Run, Forrest, Run!

Today was the Hermiston Education Foundation Fun Run, and the kids and I all participated in some way or another. (Chris had to work) At first, some of them were not too excited about it, but I talked them into it and they were all glad that they decided to go. We had so much fun!


Carson ran the 5K and kept pace with me. After every mile, they had tables full of trinkets for the kids. Daniel has been sick this week so he didn't run, but he helped out at one of the trinket tables and served as our paparazzi as we went by. Thanks Daniel!

Keaton is such an awesome big brother to Jantzen. He walked it with her, and carried her a little bit of the way, too. I think I've said this before, but Jantzen is so lucky to have him for a big brother. He is so good to her. At an age where kids are starting to become "too good" for their families, Keaton shows no signs of that. They had a great time together, and when I passed them Jantzen was so excited to show me all her little toys that I had to check them out real quick. My apologies to the other people who were captured in this shot. I'm sure they wouldn't mind my posting this, based on how sweet Keaton and Jantzen look.Here's me, running with Cathy. She's the one responsible for getting me mixed up with this whole half-marathon idea. Then she had the nerve to leave me in the last little bit and beat me by about 30 seconds to take first place.

Chris was able to take an ambulance and leave work for a little bit with Dan, whose wife was also running in the race. They were at the finish line when we got there. I was glad to see them because I thought I might need a shock with the defibrillator and some oxygen.

We can't wait to do it again next year!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys are so awesome! I'm so impressed! I can't wait for it to cool down here so we can do more things outside... probably not marathon running, but maybe some time at the park or bike rides :)

Heather said...

Nice Job !!!! The boys are very impressed wit Carson. I was wondering how you got everyone to stand soo close to you for the pic after running that for. (FEW) Just joking. You know that I am only jealous.

Andrea said...

HOLY CRAP!! It is so crazy to see you!! Is that your family?!?!? You and Chris look EXACTLY the same. Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your message. I had no idea I even had one from you until I went through all my posts and checked my messages--can I change that? (I'm totally technologically retardo) Anyway, it is so great to see you on here and to "catch up" on your life. Good job on the run! I need to get back into it (running, I mean). Stay in touch and talk to you soon!