Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Toilet Paper Graffiti

As our friends prepare to move to Portland they have been going through their things and doing what every American does before they move...They get rid of everything! And so because their house is only a block away and Keaton and Carson consider it their second home, they have run home begging me to buy various things. Last week things got really ugly around here when they decided they REALLY wanted one of their hamsters. The funny thing is, they never really wanted one until that day, and then all of a sudden, they wanted it BAD! The dinner conversation was a pretty heated discussion:


Me-- "Hamsters are for kids whose parents won't let them have a dog."


Them--"No, they're not!"


Me-- "You don't take care of the dog you have."


Them--"Yes, we do!"


Me-- "Hamsters stink."


Them--"No, they don't!"

And so it went. On and on and on and on. Voices were raised. Tears were shed. Doors were slammed. And signs were hung. Wait. Huh?
Allow me to explain. When Keaton was in second or third grade, they stopped having a salad bar at school. This occurred at a time when the kids happened to be learning about health and nutrition. They were outraged that such a terrible decision was made without their consent. So they did the only thing they knew how to do. They made signs and hung them all over the school. "BRING BACK THE SALAD BAR!" was pasted on every classroom door and everywhere in between. And guess what...It worked.
So when Keaton REALLY wanted something and he didn't know what else to do to get his way, he drew upon that earlier experience. Never mind that he can't spell hamster. This is genius!

On my bedroom door

In the front entry

On the ceiling above my bed.
On my bathroom door
Yes, this IS the back of the toilet seat. This is getting a bit personal.
And my personal favorite...On the toilet paper.

Each and every square.

And, oh yeah, he still lost.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That is TOO FUNNY!! I would have a hard time not giving in after seeing the toilet paper! Genius indeed!

Heather said...

I have never seen anything that funny in my life. I am with Melissa, I would have caved...Your heartless.

Andrea said...

SO HILARIOUS! I love that! Smart kid...

Heather said...

You wanna know what I would have done with the toilet paper? Never mind you probably don't want to know. Could you write a note on the TP to Chris to come and play golf with me?

Thanks,
Ryan

steve harris said...

Jody,
What a treat to read up about the happenings of your family...Makes a grandpa/dad pleased as punch!
Love you,
Dad