Thursday, September 4, 2008

Preschool Rocks!


Yesterday was the blessed first day of preschool. Jantzen was so excited, and had been counting sleeps for a long time in anticipation of the first day.

Notice the backpack hanging almost to her knees!

On Tuesday she and I took a shopping trip to Tri-Cities to get her a few things for school. She needed some comfortable stretchy pants because at her preschool they do gymnastics also. We always have trouble buying her pants because she is so skinny and small for her age. (I know, she'll be a perfect gymnast! The next Shawn Johnson!) The 3T fit in the waist, but was a little too short. The 4T was a little big in the waist, and also a little too long. The girl is almost 5! Shouldn't she be wearing a size that corresponds to her age?? But I opted for the 4T in hopes that it would shrink. Why am I telling you this boring jibber jabber about her pants? Well, partly because it's a major dilemma in my life, partly because I don't really have a life, and partly because these are some seriously SPECIAL PANTS! You see, yesterday when I told her to go get dressed she ran to her room, so excited to wear her new clothes. For the first time in her life she actually did what I told her to do. I went in to check on her a few minutes later and caught her standing in front of her mirror, admiring herself. And then she said something that I'm not proud of. Something that may be an ominous sign of things to come. Something that totally blew me away. She said, "I look so good in these pants. These pants are going to make me popular." Please send help.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my! Hmmm... popular pants? Where can I get a pair of those?? :)
Will it make you feel better if I tell you that Em is also still in 4T's?? Maybe you'll just have to take up sewing, eh? :D

The Lighthearts said...

Look at it this way...at least she didn't ask if the pants made her butt look too big. :) LOL!
As funny as it may be, unfortunately, her comment does have a small ring of truth to it. Welcome to the world of girls and school!