Sunday, September 14, 2008

Let 'er Buck!

On Friday we were able to take the kids out of school for the Pendleton Round Up, er, doctor's appointments, I mean. Yeah, that's it. Doctor's appointments! Man, those were some fun doctor's appointments. I think we'll do it again next year!

Something about a man holding hands with his little girl makes my heart melt. Aren't they cute?


Daniel had a cross country meet in Monmouth so we brought Peter along to use up our extra ticket. Everyone had a great time!
This is the Indian Village that is set up next to the rodeo. The native Americans in the area stay there all week.
I always love the rodeo clowns. This one was pretty funny. Except when he did an imitation of an olympic gymnast. That hurt my feelings. haha
Some dude on a horse. I don't think the horse liked it too much. He kept trying to buck him off.
The bull riding was awesome. I think it's so funny to see how angry they get and how they throw their hind legs around. They put up this PVC fence during the bull riding. I don't know why they think it would keep the guys safe out on the field. This bull rammed it with his head and sent it flying. It was so funny to see all the guys scatter.After the bull riding, everyone starts to get up to leave, thinking that the show is over. But it's not! In my opinion, they saved the best for last...The wild cow milking! I had never seen this before, but what a kick in the pants! First they realease several cows onto the field. They also realease several men onto the field. They are in teams of two- one man on foot and one man on a horse with a lasso. First, the man on the horse catches a cow, then the man on foot tries to milk it. You can see in the picture the two men being dragged across the field by the cow. If you look really close, you can see the trail in the grass of how far they have already been dragged. The funny thing is that that's just a small portion of the round trip they took around the field. One guy was dragged around by his foot when he got it stuck in the rope.
I can't figure out if this event is real or if it's just for laughs. They definitely accomplished the laughing part.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We should team up and try that wild cow milking thing next year!

Melissa said...

That looks like a pretty fun Dr.'s appointment to me... :)
Oh, and you asked on my blog if I was pregnant....and the answer is........


NO!!