Friday, June 13, 2008

Beautiful Dreamer

Twas the night before cub scout day camp
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even the mom who had to volunteer the next day

The lunches were packed and the sunscreen set out
In hopes that the sun would actually show its face
The dog was asleep at the top of the stairs
How do I know this?
Well, she snores.

Then what to my sleepy ears did I hear?
It was "Beautiful Dreamer", some old fashioned song that my mom chose for my doorbell chimes
Now, I'm not usually scared when my hubby's away
But this was different, I sure can say
It was one in the morning and I don't know how to shoot a gun
So I grabbed the next best weapon...my phone.
I tiptoed to Jantzen's room to check
If I could see anything, but no. AW Heck!
I stood and watched and waited and waited
Disturbances in the night I decided I hated
So what did I do, you must want to know
Back to bed I quickly did go.

2 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

That's cute :) You're so creative :) How did day camp go?

Anonymous said...

For heaven's sake girl!!! Have you forgotten everything I taught you?? Get that baseball bat and keep it right by the front door and anyone crazy enough to knock on your door at 1:00 a.m. will wish for a new head. love, Mom