Friday, June 6, 2008

School's Out! Yeah! (I think)

So yesterday was the last day of school. Woohoo for the kids! Already I have the brain melt that happens during the summer. You know, where you forget what day it is and you can't seem to remember to take the kids to where they need to go? Keaton got out of school at 12:30 yesterday. At 3 he was supposed to have a guitar rehearsal for his upcoming performance. We totally forgot about it, and went to the movies instead. Two and a half hours!! That's all it took me to become a total summer flake. But I must be totally honest. This condition began last week. Because we forgot his guitar lesson last Friday, too. Yeah, his guitar teacher is LOVING me right now. Now if you'll excuse me while I go buy him something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not lame. Thanks for sharing. My favorite part is the Jantzen quotes. Good luck with you summer brain. I can't wait to get mine on! -Dana

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for always including me!! I'm so glad we have become such good friends! I always appreciate it when you think of me and invite me to do things. Especially since I have no social life :( I am so happy you invited me to your first Scentsy party! It's great being on your Scentsy team. It's been so rewarding for me! Thanks again!! Michelle

Melissa said...

Ah summer brain... an extension of mommy brain, only 10 times worse. I think my summer brain got worse when we moved here. The kids are inside ALL DAY LONG. You see, they'll call the cops on me if I send them out to play when it's 120 outside. Weird, I know...

Anonymous said...

How cool is this! Thanks for inviting us. I need to start one of these as well. As for you being a summer flake, I think, no I hope that is completely normal. At least that is what I am telling myself because I have been the same way! Heeda

Anonymous said...

Jodi -- this is so entertaining and I really need it, cause with the gas problem who knows when I'll get to see you-all again. I may try to sell my body.....pretty desperate huh? Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this, I think you have a real writer's gift. Such talented kids, of course it's the maternal gene pool again! love, Mom