Saturday, June 21, 2008

Big Five

Big Five Sporting Goods opened in our small town today! We are growing slowly but surely. Big Five isn't my favorite sporting goods store, but it's a step in the right direction. I can't tell you how excited we are to be able to buy shoes in this town! In the past if we needed running shoes or cleats we had to drive 45 minutes to Tri-Cities. WOOOHOOO!!!
In other "FIVE NEWS"...
With my half marathon coming up in four months, it's time to get serious about adding miles to my training regimen. I've gotten pretty comfortable with my usual 4.3 and for some reason 5 seemed like so much more to me. But I'm happy to report that I survived it this morning. It wasn't pretty, though. With the weather getting warmer it's getting harder. And it probably doesn't help that I haven't been cooking balanced meals for the past week since the kids have been gone. I think I've had popcorn for dinner twice and graham crackers once. Terrible, huh? So I guess it could be said that kids keep their parents healthy in some ways. I guess it makes up for all the gray hair they're giving me.

No comments: