Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gone Baby, Gone!

What's gone? You might ask...
The hair on my legs? No.
The weeds in my garden? No.
The little blades of grass on the floor of my car? No.
The pile of dirty laundry? No.
The five-years-old applesauce in my freezer? No.

SO WHAT'S GONE? MY KIDS!

Yes, folks that's right. I loaded them into a minivan with a strange man. Okay, only a little bit strange. But I didn't notice any guns, duct tape or rope in the car. So I figured it was okay. We said our goodbyes, then they drove off to Grandma Shanna's for the week. YAHOOOOO! Now I know that it may sound like I don't love my kids. But that's not true. I LOVE my kids. What I don't love is cooking for them, cleaning up after them, buying groceries for them and breaking up the incessant fights betweent them. This is my one week per year to rest, rejuvenate, eat popcorn for dinner and do some sort of project on the house. I think my project this year will be replacing these tiles:


I know, there's nothing wrong with them. They're beautiful the way they are. Well, that's what their mom tells them. But I'm not too crazy about the fact that some of them broke off and ran away. Then there's the paint they got all over themselves. I just turned my back for ONE SECOND and they had gotten it everywhere. I tell ya. Tiles these days are terrible. When I was a kid we didn't act like that. Well, I suppose I'd better go. I've got some serious popcorn popping to do.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A week without kids? Are you in heaven? Is there room for me up there somewhere?

Anonymous said...

K so while you are living it up with no kids, we are having a ball down here!! Except when Jantzen wakes up at 1:00 and 3:00 in the morning to coughing!! Holy moley! Everynight with out fail and with the medication already in her? What is this, the not letting Kyla sleep at all this week! And still have to be at work at 9 am! So I just wanna say- Thank you- Just kidding,,, I'd rather have them here with no sleep, than not at all :) Oh and by the way..I was totally against Carson riding my bike cause it is way to big for him! So blam this one on Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Oh and the pics are adorable! Definitely a video would be great!! Man she is so dainty! Hopefully she'll always be like this :) But man her stubborness could almost take over! But how can you not love her! I think she's gonna be your wild child!! Good luck :)